Someone has rightly said that eating is a necessity but cooking is an art. When our moms cook, we often try to watch how they do it..we always try to find her secret ingredient which makes her dishes super tasty..😊😊
Cooking is an art which needs to be mastered.There are many working women who don’t get enough time to make some special dishes as they think it will take a lot of time..Yaa that’s true but there are many which are super easy to make without taking much of your time and efforts ☺☺
And today we are sharing one such super amazing, mouthwatering dish with you all i .e. Khoya Matar Paneer. Are you bored of eating that same old matar paneer and have reached your satiety level and you don’t like it anymore??
Then don’t worry! We have a very sweet twist for you..
So come, first let’s assemble the ingredients :
[For 6 serves]
- 3-4 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 250 gms of paneer cut into cubes
- 2 medium sized finely chopped onions
- A bowl full of boiled green peas
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 18-20 pieces of roasted foxnuts or makhana cut into small pieces as per their size
- 200 gms of khoya/ mawa
- A small glass full of milk ( equivalent amount of fresh cream/ malai)
- Water as per the gravy you require( I have used 3/4 glass of water)
- A tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of coriander/ dhaniya powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of garam masala powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of red chilly powder
- 1/4 tablespoon of cumin/ jeera powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
Salt as per taste
In a grinder, take
- 2 big sized tomatoes
- 7-8 cloves of garlic
- A very small piece of ginger (approx. 1/2 inch)
Step by step recipe :-
- Grind the ingredients kept in the grinder to make a smooth paste.
- Turn on the flame and heat a pan.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of normal cooking oil and let it to heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds and saute it for a while.
- Add finely chopped onions and saute it till they become golden brown.
- Now add the tomato puree which is in our grinder and cook it till it leaves oil by its sides.
[ Little Secret: You can also add salt to fasten this process]
- When done, add khoya and mix it very well and cook it for about 3-4 mins.
- Add the makhanas ( foxnuts) and boiled greenpeas and mix it well.
[ Little Secret: You can also add some almonds and cashews in powder or paste form to bring more flavours to your gravy]
- Add all the spices and mix them well. Let it cook for 4-5 mins.
- Add some milk/ fresh cream/ malayi and cook it well to make the gravy thicker (Optional)
- Add the paneer cubes and mix it well
- Add water as per your requirement of gravy and let it boil until the gravy attains a thick consistency.
- Now add some butter and freshly chopped coriander leaves and bring it to boil.
The final step – Turn off the flame and serve it hot with naan or paratha.
And you super tasty dish is ready to serve!!